Inquire – Sold
"Any and all objects can be used to create something, to make and re-make what I find in the world. The process requires searching for the materials that will commit me to original work, and intimately connect me to a self-engendered vision."
Measurements: TBA | Materials: Re-purposed Metal & Materials
Acknowledging the extensive role of the found object and readymade in art history, this body of work continues the tradition of detaching distinctions between art and real life.
Removing the used, obsolete object from one landscape and placing it in the landscape of the studio/gallery setting allows opportunity to subvert cultural norms and engage new senses and meanings.
Choosing mass produced industrial or leisure, particularly Canadian objects, and juxtaposing (and interacting) them with hand-carved steel figures, will elevate the viewers own personal experience with the mundane object. My hope is the audience will reconsider that “mundane" obsolete object, which fills our landscape and landfill, and realize that garbage is just a lack of imagination.
I view these works in part as an attempt to slow that wasteful process down if only symbolically and that something new is once again recycled from the old meanings that consciousness has left behind but not forgotten.
• SS National Art Prize 2017
Peoples Choice Award 2nd Place
• Canada Council Art Bank purchase – 2006
• Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Grant -1996
• Short listed for the TTC New Station Competition-Toronto – March, 1995
• Banff Centre – Scholarship 1983 – 1984
• York University – BFA 1982
• Read his bio (Click Here)
• Flat or round - we ship world wide!
• Once payment is received, you will recieve a tracking number and estimated date of delivery.
• Our free photo-shop services help you see your favorite art works in your setting. Send us a photo of the prefered location, and we'll work our photo editing magic.
• Payment Methods: Bank transfers, all major credit cards, e-transfers, cheques
• Interest free payments available upon request.
• International clients will be quoted in US dollars.
• When you click "Put on Hold" this piece is reserved for you with no charge to your credit card.
• We will contact you by phone to confirm final costs and answer any questions. 😁
• Upon completion of the transaction your art will be sent the next business day.
Steffich Fine Art Open 7 Days a Week Established in 1992
3103-115 Fulford Ganges Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2T9
firstname.lastname@example.org | Toll Free: 1-877-537-8448
Phone: 250-537-8448 | Text: 1-250-537-7827
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST 😃
© 2023 Steffich Fine Art.
All rights (and lefts) reserved.
Powered by Leonardo Davinci's Ghost